Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Strawberry Heaven and an 8th Grade Project

It's strawberry season here in Florida! We took advantage of that this evening and made this yummy little strawberry cake!


Mmmmmm.... strawberries!!!!
My son is working on his school project and I thought I'd share what he's done so far since it's rare that he makes anything!

This is a diarama of a boxcar from the Holocaust. He's still adding bars to the windows and doing some finishing touches but it should be ready to turn in on Tuesday.
Yesterday my hubby and my sister-in-law took me to an auction and bought me a new desk chair and tons of arts and craft supplies as a week early b-day gift! We actually sat down and looked at the price tags on everything to figure out how much it would have been retail. $2,500+!!!!!! The cost at the auction? Less than 10% of that number! It was like going to the craft store with a 90% off Your Entire Order coupon!!!!! I was on a high all day!
So, I have taken a small break from swaps for the moment because I want to play with paint and collage and see what I can do with various materials. I'm still participating in quite a few swaps and they will be completed and mailed on time but tomorrow it's play day!!
My voice is still in and out, my sinuses are still giving me fits, but my energy is up and I'm moving as normal.
I'll share some pics of whatever I decide to create tomorrow, the good, the bad and the ugly of it all..... >biting nails<>
More Later....
Moriah

No comments: