Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Absence

Hi all! I know I've been MIA for a few days and I do apologize! I have been busy, busy and haven't had the time to come say hello.

I've been working on finishing up an order, handling some rouge swaps, and starting a new Paint and Pass with the family. Then my sister drags me, kicking and screaming, into Joann Fabrics today (okay, so there wasn't any dragging.... or kicking and screaming either) and informs me that she is going to teach me how to sew dresses for my girls. I felt my face go pale! She must have picked up on it because she assured me that it's super simple, sewing straight lines she says. My palms start to sweat. Come on, she says, let's go pick out a pattern! My heart starts to race. Choices, lots and lots of them! Okay, deep breath, it's just picking out a pattern, get a grip, Moriah! Ok, oh, look, this is cute and this one and this one and this one.. Grief, which one do I choose? The easiest one I can find, that's which! I looked for straight lines, no frills, no puffy sleeves, not complicated looking folds and such. Big sissy, I know. I settled on this one and I think it's adorable....




The blue one on the left is the one I'm going to make but without the bow. We got the fabric for both dresses, really cute seersucker material that I've been drooling over for months. Now I have to try to read this pattern and figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be doing. It's not like I haven't read or used a pattern before, I have. Just never for clothing. I'm sure it'll be easy, cake really, at least that's what I tell myself to keep from passing out... lol. No really, I am nervous about the whole thing but I'm going to give it go anyway. We shall see what transpires.

As I mentioned before, we started the 2nd Paint and Pass for the local family members. We drew names again to decide painting order and I was #1. So, it was up to me to create a background for everyone to paint on. Here's what I came up with....





From me it was passed on to the #2 person, my sister and this is her addition:




Now it's up to my 9 year old daughter to paint next. I'm sure it'll be the first thing she does when she gets home from school tomorrow.

I haven't done anymore work on the Mermaid painting, the painting for my sister or the board book for my daughter. It seems I just can't help but have 5-10 projects going at once. I'll get to each of them and show you the progress as I go. For now, I'm off to catch up on some emails and blog readings.
Have a great Friday!
Moriah

No comments: