Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

I see...... Snails in my Future

Okay... so now that I've had some time to relax and rest after our little outing today, I thought I'd show you some of my spoils! Honeymoon Island is an excellent place to gather shells if you're into them. I'm not... BUT... I needed some more shells to make my little polymer snails! So, a hunting I went. I found a lot of snail shells!!!

(NOTE: Please ignore the gross looking towel that the shells are sitting on! It's one of my studio rags and is stained with paints, stains and who knows what else. The shells were still damp so I laid ed them out on a studio rag to dry. It looks really bad!!)


Then I started collecting some plain Jane little shells but loved the green color.....
I have no clue what I'll do with them but I'm sure I'll figure something out eventually..

I love these tiny tightly spiraled shells and think I'm going to make some jewelry for myself using these...


and then there's the curiosity collection..... these shells I just thought were interesting and am keeping them to go in the curiosities collection that I just started to collect...


This is one of my treasures from a visit to the same beach in December...... a claw..

I'm still hoping to find sea glass someday but I haven't yet. Anyway, I hope I didn't bore you to tears with my shell gathering today. I promise once I stick some tattooed snails in them, you'll love them!

More Later...
Moriah

No comments: