Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Migrains and a New Painting

Hello Blogland!



It's spring break here and I'm on my 5th day of 24 hour MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!!!!!!! You see, we had everything planned! We'd go hang out at the beach, we'd explore some parks, we'd do whatever we had to to amuse 3 children who are no good left in an unstructured environment! The goal was lots of outings and activities to keep children busy and mom sane. Hubby was scheduled to go out of town for a trade show event and would be gone Sunday - Wednesday night. Even more incentive to keep children busy, no backup! I would love to share with you the fun filled stories of our great explorations and I'd love to brag about our fabulous tans but alas, I forgot that I should never make plans because each time I do, they get wrecked.



We have not been to any parks, nor any beaches. In fact, unless you count a few trips to the store, we've barely been out of the house! The kids have been out playing in our neighborhood with other kids but we haven't left our little corner of the cul-de-sac.



On Saturday my hubby reinjured his back. I found him that night rolling on the floor in complete agony. He has a bulging disc in his back from a car accident last year and has been getting shots (3 of them) to aid in the healing of the disc so that it would stop putting pressure on the nerve which is causing all of the pain. So, here he was, rolling on the floor, right back at square one again! UNBELIEVEABLE! We thought we were well on our way to recovery at this point and were more than a little saddened by the sudden change of events.



So, instead of beaches and parks it was Doctor offices, MRIs and another shot with a surgery consult to follow. Just great! Apparently the bulge swelled and caused a piece of the disc to break away completely. This little piece of disc is now putting pressure on the nerve. If the shot doesn't reduce swelling, then surgery is the only option. I don't want to think about or discuss that!



So anyway.... I haven't had much time to create the past few days between the constant Moomy can I, Mommy I need, Mommy I wants and the nursing of the hubby. However, today I was able to start a new mixed media painting but I haven't finished it yet. I will give you a tiny peek of the work in progress and the whole picture when it's complete. For now, I need to head to bed as I am up way later than I should be!



So, I leave you with a tiny peek and a tootles!




More later....
Moriah

No comments: