Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

On My Work Table...

Remember that art journal I painted on months ago that started this whole painting frenzy?

Yep, that's the one! I was all excited about having my very own art journal! I was going to work in it every day. Experiment with "new to me" techniques, let my creativity soar without fear of mistakes or failure, blah blah blah... Needless to say, it sat and collected dust. Until....
Tonight I decided I wanted to play, just for me, not to sell or gift, just a little art therapy for me.. So, here's what I have so far..

She's not quite done yet. I have to finish the picture frame and add a picture of course and a little tweeking here and there but I have to tell you, I'm loving her! Even the hubby stopped in his tracks to take a look. I may offer prints of her at some point (as soon as I figure all of that out. BTW, if any of you have any advice or guidance regarding making prints of your originals, please do share... I'm inexperienced in the print arena and do not know where to begin. Any help would be much appreciated!). What do you think?

I'll probably put her away for today, I'm really rather tired. I have got to finish a Tooie Doll and a Matchbox Doll to finish up an order that I've been putting off because I really just want to paint! I also have a nesting doll that I should make for a very nice woman who has asked me repeatedly to make one. So, maybe I'll finish her up in the morning and spend the afternoon tomorrow catching up on things I "should" be doing. I did clean the house and do laundry today, does that count?
More Later....
Moriah

1 comment:

sassypackrat said...

I like what you've done so far. The feeling is kind of Addams Family-ish, cute but in a slight goulish way.

As for making prints, you'd need to have your art scanned and color corrected then printed. If you did digital art you could print it yourself. I'm twitter friends with a company that prints art & photography for artist http://www.iprintfromhome.com/ but they don't scan. It's been a few years since I sent anything out to be scanned and I do it myself now so I don't have a resource to pass along to you but basically that's the process. Good luck and I can't wait to see prints in your store, I'll buy some for sure!