Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank Goodness That's Over!

I am pleased to announce that my wonderful husband is back on his feet and trying to get back to normal. He's still a little sore at the surgery site on his back and tires quicker than normal but all of this is to be expected. We are keeping our fingers crossed still that it is now fixed. For over a year he has been dealing with excruciating pain shooting down his legs. I found him huddled on the floor several times in complete agony. He walked with a noticable limp for months and months and could only walk a few feet before needing to rest or sit. Standing to do anything was out of the question too. I just really hope that this has solved the problem and he can get back to enjoying life again! Lord knows he deserves it!
Anyway, I am just so glad that the surgery is over and the hard part of recovery is over and I can get back into the studio for some much needed art play!
I caved yesterday and signed up for some more swaps on Swapbot. I know, I know.....

I decided to only sign up for ATC swaps that interest me so that I can use the excuse that it's practice for my painting journey.
Today I made the swap that was due the soonest, Let's Face It Atc Swap. For this swap I am required to make 2 ATCs where a face takes up most of the card. Here's what I came up with...
They are mixed media..

I wish all of the metallics showed up better in the pic! There are sparkle metallics in their hair, on their lips, and on the little stars on their cheeks. I hope my partner(s) like them!


1 comment:

sassypackrat said...

Great ATC's! So happy to hear your husband is on the mend! Back problems are the worse! Thanks so much for your supportive comment on my blog, I really appreciate it!