Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Art Journal

Here are some pictures of the smaller of the two art journals I am creating using manila folders...


I gesso the page before I start on it but you don't have to.

For this journal I cut the manila folders down to 7.75" X 9.5". Then I made signatures that contained four folders. After that I stacked the signatures and marked where I would punch the holes to sew them together in the Coptic method.


I normally make a cover from chipboard or the like but for this, I just made a cover using the first and last pages because I wanted it to be super floppy and flexible. To make the cover slightly sturdier I collaged the entire front cover with patterned scrapbook paper and then I painted my little chickie on the front. Now I have to collage the back cover and I'm ready to start experimenting in it!


I received an email from a bloggy friend stating that she was looking for instructions for an art journal that kids can make. (Waving at Jan) If you'd be interested, I could put together a free video tutorial and post it here. Let me know if that would interest you or not.

Okay, I have to run. I promised my 7 year old that I'd teach her how to make a mixed media painting.

More Later...
Moriah

1 comment:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I was so excited to see this post. I'd love to have a tutorial to have a video tutorial to go by. When I get my break in a couple of weeks, I 'm going to do some experimenting with them. Thank you!! jan