Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Project...

Hello everyone! I hope your Saturday has been as lovely as mine!
I have been making stamps! Lots of stamps!
I have a drawer of stamps that I used to use for scrapbooking (before I gave it up out of total boredom) but they all are of figures or items. I wanted some textural stamps or whimsical design stamps to use when making the layers in my backgrounds. So, I hopped in the car and took a trip over to Joann Fabrics. I headed straight to the stamp section and after about 3 seconds I realized that there was no way I was going to spend the 150 or so dollars it was going to cost me for the hand full of stamps I wanted! NO WAY! ARE THEY CRAZY?? If they had been hand carved, maybe, MAYBE... but machine made and slapped on a piece of wood? I don't think so!
So, I went home, depressed. After sitting in my chair and pouting for a few minutes, Irealized I was gazing at an eraser on my desk and that started a mad frenzy of tossing stuff all over the house in search of more erasers. I found 7! Whoo hoo! I started carving up some stamps and I was happy... until...


I didn't like being confined to small stamps but didn't want the expense of buying the stamp carving sheets either. So, I went to the dollar store in hopes that they still had that craft foam I saw last time I was there and they did indeed!
It's rather thin foam, I would have preferred thicker but it'll work! So I drew some shapes onto it, cut them out with my craft knife and prepared them for mounting. I took 2 sheets of foam and used contact cement to glue them together. When that dried, I glued my cutout onto the foam sheet and then trimmed off the edges. Now I have a slew of stamps and for what I made today it cost me about 7 cents! Now that's more like it!

More Later>>

Moriah

No comments: