Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Singing Praises!

When I woke up this morning, my husband and son were gone. I asked my oldest daughter where they went and she reported that they had gone to the auction. I was a little bummed that I didn't get a wake up call because I do love going to the auction! However, I was also thankful that I didn't go so I could sleep in another hour and not sweat to death at the auction.

I went about my morning making stamps, as stated in the previous post and taught my daughters how to make their own stamps too. My phone rang at 1 pm and it was my hubby reporting that they were done at the auction and headed to the grocery store. (I hate grocery shopping so how wonderfully lucky am I to have a hubby that works all week and then goes grocery shopping on Saturday? Extremely!!) Anyway, he informed me that he and our son had a surprise for me when they got home. I was told it was going to be the best Mother's Day I've ever had and that I needed to clear off my desk so they could "set up" when they got here.

Yes, I know Mother's Day is a week away but my hubby knows me and I cannot wait for things, so he indulges me and always gives me things early.

So, I cleared my desk and went off about my business. I was in the bedroom when they got home so I just stayed in there to allow them to "set up". A few minutes later my son bagged on the bedroom door and told me to come into my studio.

I rounded the corner and my eyes fell upon a STACK of art supplies that I have been begging for in the past few months! And I mean begging....


I have been drooling over the Derwent watercolor pencils for months! But we just didn't have $60 for pencils, ya know? So, I put them on my wish list. Every time I went to the store, I'd walk by them, pick them up, put them back. Then today, this wonderful day, my son spotted two lots of art supplies at the auction and alerted my husband. They stayed at the auction for 4 hours, just waiting for them to get to these two lots. They waited, they bid, they won! Whoo hoo!

They were all excited (I was too) and wanted to figure out what the retail cost would have been. We added everything up using Dick Blick's site as a guide and found that they had purchased $602.00 worth of stuff! Hubby's cost? $80.00. I LOVE AUCTIONS!!!!!!

All of it is new, still in orginal plastic. There are 3 (32 pcs) sets of Derwent Watercolor Pencils, 2 (32 pcs) sets of Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils, 7 (24 pcs) sets of Prismacolor colored pencils, 3 (24 pcs) sets of Prismacolor soft pastels and a pack of Koh-I-Noor pens... excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin!

The hubby was right, BEST MOTHER'S DAY EVER!

Me and the girls are into art in a big way! The hubby and our son, not so much. They look at what I make and say they like it, they politely pretend to listen as I go on and on and on about whatever I'm excited about this week. I see their eyes glaze over and I see them slowly inching their way out of the door. BUT, today just proves that while they may not love art, they certainly love me! And that is what is important!

Thanks to both of you! It was a great gift and a wonderful thought! You're the best!

More Later...(off to play with my new toys and kiss my boys!)

Moriah

2 comments:

sassypackrat said...

You are one lucky, lucky girl! I have a set of the watercolor Prismacolor pencils and had to wait until I got a 50% off coupon to buy them. They are big bucks! I'd almost kill (well maybe just trample a bit) for all that you got. I know you'll put them to good use! Enjoy yourself!

Snippety Gibbet said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!! And such a family you have that would wait around and bid on that for you. Congrats. That is one great buy. jan