Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Slingin' Clay

Hi ya! I have had my hands in clay today! I just love the feeling of clay. It's been awhile since I scultped anything and I was missing it so I started some heads. I know, I said I'd finish other projects first before starting a new one, but I couldn't help it! Here they are in their rough form. I still have to put on their clay hair and clothing. After that I have to sand and paint them.


I don't know how far I'll get with them today. I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and sinuses that are slowly filling up as the day progresses. I hate being sick! And I can't stand parents who send their sick kids to school so everyone else can get sick too!
We are considering pulling our kids from public school and homeschooling them. I have been reading and reading about it and have reached out to a few wonderful people who have been homeschooling their children for years. We are going to give it a trial run over the summer break to see if it's right for our family. If so, then they just won't go back to public school in the fall. One up side of it will be no germies getting passed around on a REGULAR basis! There are a ton of "up sides" and a handful of "down sides" but I think it could be fun and bring us closer together as a family as well. They will still have the kids in the neighborhood to play with and we'll be enrolling them in some children's activities at the local rec center. I really do hope it's a good fit!

Anyway, I think I'm going to go hunt down some cold medicine and lay down for a bit. Ugh, I hate the creeping crud!
More later...
Moriah

2 comments:

sassypackrat said...

You are such a talented gal! You always amaze me! Hope you feel better soon!

Snippety Gibbet said...

Good luck to you with the homeschooling. Here is one of my favorite homeschool blogs. I think her philosophy of teaching is dead on right...homeschool or public. http://www.whiteoakschool.com/

jan (National Boards Certified Art Teacher/public school teacher)