Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Discover New Worlds

I moved to Florida in 2006 and since then I have heavily relied on my husband and his sister for social activity. It's always harder making new friends in a new state as an adult. We don't have the luxury of attending a school full of possibilities. We just kind of meet people here and there. It's even harder for me since I do not work outside of the home to meet new people.

I have made quite a few Internet buddies, but I'm really missing getting together for coffee, planning an art date, card night, grill outs, you know, those things that people do with friends! I used to do these things all of the time in Ohio, now I just need to make it happen here!

I'm slowly going out of my mind! 3 years is a long time to stay stagnant and I've decided that I've had enough! The first extra $100 I get my hands on is going toward registration fees for an art class of some sort at our local Art Center. I'm going out into the world to discover new things and new people!!

If you live close to Tampa/Clearwater, and are looking for art friends, feel free to contact me!

If you're a psycho or a stalker, please click the close button on your browser and slowly walk away from the computer while keeping your hands where I can see them! I've had my fair share of crazies and I think it's time to let the freaks play with someone else now!

Anyway, in honor of my new goal to go forth and discover new things and new people, I painted this piece, appropriately titled, "Discover New Worlds".



Have a great week everyone!

Hugs,

Moriah

10 comments:

Barb said...

Moriah... I love this... you are a very talented artist!
I hope you can find some physical friends soon... life gets lonely ..even with art to fill our days!

Maria said...

Good onya Moriah!! That's a wonderful idea & a great way of meeting like-minded people! I wish you lots of fun :D

ps. please pop-over to my site ... something has arrived :D

Maria said...

ps. I love your painting!!!!

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

Yes, taking a class is a great start! I'm sure you'll make some great friends soon, it's just important to get out there and circulate :)
Best wishes and love the painting! Great texture!
Darla

Janine said...

This is wonderful!

I hear you on the hard to make friends in a new area. Seattle is a very hard place to make friends...it seems you need to have been born here! Even when I did work I only made aquaintances! Everyone seems to be in their own heads and in their own worlds. Most of which includes kids and sports, etc. Oh well I have given up and am quite the recluse nowadays! Your idea is a good one Moriah and the best to you!

sassypackrat said...

I have the same problem. I still live in the area I grew up in but everyone else has moved away so I'm alone here. Since I work from home I never see any other adults besides my mom unless I go to the Post Office. So I totally understand! Taking a class sounds like a great way for you to get out and meet people with the same interests. You're a great gal and I know will make friends quickly!

The Itsy Bitsy Spill said...

hello!

I know what you mean. I'm living in CT and sometimes it gets lonely. Love company of girlfriends getting together just having a good old time bonding over coffee or wine. But I also love my aloneness pretty much. when I'm home doing art or sitting outside drinking tea and writing but sometimes is nice to talk and laugh with a good friend. I do that with my significant other.

Love your painting and I wanted to pay you a visit. All the love for you and great friends!!

Susie McMahon said...

Sounds like this is a global dilemma - please spare a thought for me......I live in TASMANIA! which is at the furthest reaches of the Known World. Sometimes I feel like I am on another planet, even. (Wouldn't live anywhere esle, mind you)

I hope you soon find some art buddies to hang with.....sorry, I can't help.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Good for you. I hope you find some kindred spirits in the class. What a great idea even if you weren't looking for new pals. I need to take a class too. A good art class feels like such a luxury.

Renu (midnitecreations) said...

Oh wow, I love this little painting. The kitty is just the perfect touch!