Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

It Wasn't My Idea, But I Love It Just The Same

I've had quite a bit of response and questions regarding the "metallic flake" looking texture I have started using this week. I was asked if it was mica flakes, if it was paper and the answer to both is no. It is egg shells! I know, amazing, right? I wish I could take credit for this wonderful technique, but I didn't come up with it on my own. I discovered it by watching a video on YouTube. I was inspired and set out to try it and I LOVE IT! In the video she credits Gary Reef for the eggshell idea. Gary Reef is a mixed media abstract artist and really nice guy! If you get a chance, please check out his Ning site! I am embedding the video below for you to watch and see how it's done for yourself... enjoy!


1 comment:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. As a pysanky beginner, I end up with lots of egg shells. I love the fact that I don't have to trash them. jan