Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Package From Sweden

We received a package from Sweden today. My husband spent some time there years back and asked me to see if I could arrange a swap with someone through Swap-bot for some bliw soap. I contacted a Swap-bot member who was originally from New Jersey, now living in Sweden and asked her if she would be willing to do a swap. Much to my husband's delight she agreed. In return she requested David's Sunflower Seeds and Freedent Chewing Gum so we sent out 5 bags of seeds and 4 large packs of gum to her.




Funny thing is, my husband doesn't want to use the soap now that he has it! He's saving it for special occassions, he said. I thought I should ask him which occassions were the ones where "special swedish" soap should be used but I decided against it. I figure he's the one that wanted it so bad, let him do with it as he wishes. Anyway.... THANK YOU, GINA!!!

I was able to create a few little things today inbetween washing and folding clothing. I made a handful of magnets. All are about 1.5" or 2" square and are hand painted, signed and sealed. I think they're cute, if I do say so myself... What do you think?

That's all for now. I'm off now to prepare for my mom's arrival tomorrow. She'll be staying with us until the 5th so I won't be here much until after that. For my fellow Americans, have a great 4th of July! To everyone else, have a great weekend!

Love,
Moriah

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Moriah,
Thank you for the info on how to link. I will give it a try later today.

I love the magnets!! So full of color, I so love color.

Hey, will you let me know when your making a journal class is ready?? I have long wanted to learn how to make my own.

I took a look at your journal tutorial, will give that a try as well. Thanks for sharing that.

Blessings,
Mary

Janine said...

I love your magnets! Wow!

I think your soap story is funny!

Moriah, have you ever made a cloth journal cover? I just got my Somerset Studio magazine and there is a photo of some on page 36. I hate to sew but this makes me want to try. I think I will paint a pic on some water color paper and sew it onto fabric. Maybe I will paint on fabric with my watercolor crayons, I am not sure. UGH the thought of sewing but these may be fun for the wonderful manilla book you showed how to make. I just love mine so far!

poketypatch said...

really cute magnets!

The Itsy Bitsy Spill said...

These are great and fun, I love them!!

Absolutely whimsical and so creative