Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Gift For a Friend

A few years ago I joined a group called CDHM (Custom Dolls Houses & Miniatures). It was a time when my focus was on miniatures and I wanted to "meet" with like minded individuals.

One of the members was and still is Marsha Mees. She makes the most fabulous 1:12 scale miniature dolls. Anyway, from the start, Marsha was always very supportive of my work and I valued her friendship. When I changed direction and became less and less involved with CDHM, we lost touch- until recently.

I had received an email from a woman who was interested in my gypsy settings and was looking for a gypsy doll in 1:12 scale. I do make dolls (very rarely) in 1:12 scale but thought it would be better to pass on Marsha's info instead. I contacted Marsha and since then we have reconnected and started catching up.

Yesterday I received a comment from Marsha on my post where I showed you the little boxes I had painted. She said she liked them and to let her know if I ever made a black and pink one.

Well Marsha, I have made a Black and Pink one today, especially for you as a thank you for your constant support over the years. All I need is your address and I'll mail it out to you.

Here is the little box:




AND.... While I'm at it, I'll show you some of Marsha's gorgeous dolls! I borrowed these images from Marsha's Website.



Hugs,
Moriah

2 comments:

Marsha said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I am over the MOON!! Oh, Moriah, you do NOT know how much I LOVE that box!!!!! Thank you ever so much!! I'm doing the happy dance!!!

And thank you so much for highlighting my dolls (blushing)!

I am so glad we re-connected! I'll email you my address!

Big HUG,
Marsha

Moriah said...

You're very welcome, Marsha! I'll mail it out tomorrow!