Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What was I thinking??

Okay, so I decided not to be tugged along by WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING OR THINKS I SHOULD BE DOING. I am being consumed by Facebook and Twitter and Ning and blah blah blah. I'm finding I have less and less time to create and am spending more and more time devoted to online groups, applications, etc. So I will keep my Facebook page up but don't expect me to take 500 surveys, don't expect me to accept any of the bazillion requests I get every week either. You can expect me to add more pics soon and update occationally.

I will also keep my Twitter acct but again, I'll update it it when I feel I have something important to say, and not all day every day just because I "should".

I will keep my Ning site and will pull back from participation in other ning site activities and focus on my own instead.

Swap-bot will be stopped unless I have the time here and there. I'll finish the swaps I'm currently signed up for but won't be doing much after those.

I will however, keep posting here as I enjoy my blog and reading the blogs of others.

So, there you have it, I will no longer submit to peer pressure! I want to spend my days creating not seeing who got what in Facebook or whatever.

HUGS,
Moriah

4 comments:

Marsha said...

LOL, I hear ya, Moriah! That's why I have pretty much become a lurker on the numerous lists I belong to.

If I have the time, I go check them out.

But I really enjoy blogging so that is my main social network and I will tweet occasionally.

It's so easy to get sucked into the deep hole of the internet . . . see there I'm go, I'm sinking . . .

Hugs,
Marsha

Brenda said...

I hear you too! I belong to that many Ning groups and email groups, by the time I have finished on the computer I have neither the time nor energy to create - bit self defeating really. Thanks for sharing.

sassypackrat said...

I've done the same thing. I dropped all my nings and cut back on a lot of stuff cause it was taking over my life!

Erica said...

Hi Moriah
I've been looking for Halloween ideas and it seemed very serendipitous that I found your blog, especially as this is the first post I read, I can SO relate to this, the hours spent online not only cut into my creative time but also into my creative thinking, (but I've added you to my bloglines list just the same!)
cheers
Erica