Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

JACKPOT!

Anyone who has been reading this blog for awhile knows that I really enjoy going to a certain auction house in Tampa, FL. I was a newbie to auctions until about a year or so ago and I always thought auctions were where really expensive art and collectibles were sold for insane money, so why would I even waste my time going? Well, my hubby talked me into going to this auction house with him once and I was in shock and instantly hooked! Whole pallets of stuff were selling for $5.00 and things that I knew were hundreds of dollars retail were selling for $20-35. My mouth just fell open and stayed that way all that first day.

Now I'm a veteren auction participant! We have bought so much stuff there! I would have to say about 60% of what is in my studio at the moment is from auctions! Two art and crafts stores were liquidated and a florist (ribbon) in the past year and a half and I came home with a car full each time.

There is nothing like the high of buying about 60 tubes of artist watercolors new (marked $7.95 and up per tube) for 15 dollars! There were tons of beads that are perfect for mini making and paint, tons of paint, acrylics and watercolors, doll armatures and doll eyes, my goodness I'm getting excited all over again! lol

We didn't come home with everything we bid on, but I'm thrilled with what we did get. Some of it will be auctioned off on eBay because they're mulitples of things that I'll never be able to use in a lifetime.

I encourage all of you to investigate your area and see if you have an auction house near you which specializes in liquidation of police, school and store merchandise. It's a treasure hunt like no other!

Hugs,
Moriah

No comments: