Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

On My Work Table Tonight.. Kim Don't Read this!

As you know from an earlier post, I signed up to participate in an Art Doll Swap. The theme is Monster Under the Bed. My partner, Kim, doesn't like scary dolls so I told her I'd try to make a doll on the scary/cute side. I have been itching to sculpt another doll and what a fun theme to work with! This is where I'm at with it at the moment..




I'm going to save the story behind him for when I have him finished but this is what I thought was under my bed when I was a kid!
Now I have to sculpt his hands and the things he'll be holding in his hands. I also have to add a big ol' pot belly too. Once those are done, I can paint and fur him. When he's all finished I'll post the finished doll pics and tell you the story behind him.
I am having the best time making this doll! It's been sooooooo long! Too long!
What are you working on?
Hugs,
Moriah

3 comments:

sassypackrat said...

That monster is so good. I'm sure your swap partner will just love him!

Snippety Gibbet said...

You are really getting into these awesome sculptures, aren't you? How fun.

Thanks for the award by the way. = )

It was fun reading the random little blurbs about your life.

jan

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

This dude is awesome! I can't wait to see him done! Cheers!