Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Gratitude

Have you ever sat and really thought about how many complaints you make in one day? Then how many times you gave thanks? I can almost guarantee that like me, the scale is a little heavy on the complaint side. Why is that?







I noticed today especially that I was in a down right crappy mood and was griping, to myself, about what I hated about this and what irritated me about that and how I wish this person would do this and not do that and all I seemed to be doing was griping about EVERYTHING! Not once do I remember saying to myself how grateful I was for ANYTHING. Not once.


That saddened me. At what point in my life did I go from being the forever optimist to being such a grouch? Was there some defining moment in my history? Who knows.


I may not be able to go back and find that moment and change it but I can sure change how I look at things from this moment forth.


Instead of wishing I could win the lottery or land that awesome contract or moaning and groaning about what I don't have or what I can't do, I am going to find something to be grateful for everyday. I do actually have TONS to be grateful for and believe me, I should be ashamed for griping at all! So, today I start a new path and am retraining myself to look on the brighter side of things again.


I will start off today by saying that..............

Gratitude #1: I am grateful to have a home to live in with my healthy family.


What do you have to be grateful for today??

“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”

Brian Tracy quotes

Hugs,
Moriah

No comments: