Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

I MADE IT!!!

One year ago today I quit smoking! That's 7,299 cigarettes not smoked and $1,441.73 saved! Not to mention the weeks of my life that didn't get knocked off.

I tried to quit several years ago and started again after 6 months. I was surrounded by smokers. I had enough stress for 6 people and I don't think I really wanted to quit.

In 2006 I married my husband and moved to Florida. He doesn't smoke and no one we spend time with here does either. I work from home, so I'm not out where people are smoking very often and when I do encounter someone smoking at the beach, park, or outside of a store or restaurant - I'm repulsed! I walk past them while holding my breath and thinking "That used to be me!"

This quit was easy! I used the patch again and man, I cannot endorse the patch enough! I used each step for 30 days and 3 months later, I started flying solo.

With no one around me smoking and me really wanting to be free of cigarettes, I made it! I can honestly say that after the 4th month, I have had zero desire to smoke. I know people who have quit and say that they still want to smoke every once and awhile but that has not been my experience. Thank God!

I can't tell you how free I feel! No worrying about how many cigarettes I have left, whether I need to go get more or not, standing outside with my family waiting for me while I smoke a cigarette before going in the store. The ash and butts mess, all of it! I am so thrilled that I finally RIPPED that monkey off of my back! Now if I can put the Pepsi down, we'll be good to go! lol

I hope that if you're a smoker you'll be inspired and given hope by my success story and start writing your own today! If I can do it, SO CAN YOU! Yes, it's scary making that decision and yes you'll think there's no way you can do it with all of the stress and the problems, but you can!! So, I challenge you to quit and I'll be right here if you need any encouragement along the way!



TODAY I AM GRATEFUL TO BE SMOKE FREE!

Hugs,

Moriah

4 comments:

Susie McMahon said...

Well done, you! I've never smoked, but I understand it is a very difficult addiction to kick.

Joyce said...

Congratulations...Next month will be ten years that I quit. I also had quit so many times but always went back to smoking. Then someone very special to me asked me to quit {for my health} and I quit "cold turkey" and I don't even get the urge for a cigarette.
So, once again CONGRATULATIONS!!!

sassypackrat said...

Congrats! I never smoked but grew up around almost all smokers who were always trying to quit. I see how hard it is and when someone finally makes it, it's an awesome thing! Good for you!

Soggy Dog Studios said...

Congrats on being smoke free!!!
I am working on my husband to quit!!! You should be very proud!
:) - Kim