Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

All I Can Say is YUMMMMMMM....

I was looking at a few videos on Youtube by members that I subscribe to. I watched Gary Reef's latest video where he shows you how he makes a Apple and Pear Tarte Tatin. My mouth was watering watching it and I ran to the store to get dough.

I changed things up a bit from what Gary did and my clan and I LOVED it!!!!! Thanks Gary!
Here is a pic of my version:


and, here's how you make them....
I used 4 medium sized red apples and 3 large Bartlet Pears and cut them into chunks after peeling them. I set those aside and got out a large skillet and melted one and a half sticks of butter with an equal amount of light brown sugar together. I cooked this mixture on medium-high heat until it started to rapidly boil and bubble. Then I stirred in the fruit, about 2 tbsp of cinnamon, a dash each of nutmeg, allspice and ginger...stirred and then let it cook for about 7 minutes.
I dug out the Ramekins (7 of them) and set them onto a cookie sheet with sides. I spooned the fruit and syrup mixture into the ramekins until just short of full. I set the oven to 375 degrees f while I retrieved the dough from the frig. I used Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet. It is in the dairy section where all of the rolls and such in a can are. I unrolled the dough and cut it into 7 square sections. I took each section and laid it on top of the filling and tucked in the corners.
Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Sprinkle confectioners sugar on lightly on the tops and then let cool. YUM!!
Moriah

No comments: