Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Am A Machine!

Whew! It's been late nights (or early mornings depending on how you look at it) and lots of caffine! I have completed two gifts for my mother, (can't share...she reads this blog) a matchbox doll for my youngest daughter and two painted dolls for both of my daughters, all in 3 days! I am rockin'! Here's the little matchbox doll, you'll have to excuse the ugly paint covered hands in some of the pics, that's just how I roll...







She's so very tiny. She's jointed and sculpted in polymer clay.
Here is a pic of the dolls I made for both of my daughters. The one with the pink dress is for my 7 year old daughter, Jada and the one with a green dress is for my 10 year old daughter, Jenna. The backs are painted solid black because I'm going to write a special note to each of them on the back in white pen. Something special about how much I love them etc, etc. Then I'll seal them with a matte varnish.

Sadly, I haven't even put a dent into the list of ToDos yet. All I can do is keep trudging through and pray I finish everything on time. I must admit, I do work better under pressure and I'm really enjoying making everything. Maybe some year I'll finally learn and start all of this stiff in August instead of the last week of November....nah.........that would be a miracle!
Off to FALL into bed and get back to it tomorrow.... night all!
Hugs,
Moriah

4 comments:

Mary said...

How cute are all of these!
I can hardly believe how tiny the matchbook doll is, so sweet!
Such wonderful gifts for you daughters.

schererart said...

These are adorable!

AngelaMichelle said...

Great projects! Stress apparently does wonders for you! I love the little matchbox girl - minis are so enchanting!

Janet said...

Hi coming over from wonderous stranges page! Arent they so sweet. The little doll reminds the books that are out of print now but they were little dolls...Pinny stories. Like "Pinny in the Snow", Pinny's Holiday by Peter Firmin. They were so precious...