Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Mom Rocks!

I was busy answering emails when I heard a thump outside of my door and then a knock. I went to the door and no one was there. Instead, there was this box staring at me...



My mom had sent me an email telling me she had sent my Christmas present and it would be arriving today. I had strict orders open it right away and NOT PUT IT UNDER THE TREE. I was a little shocked to see a Montgomery Inn Ribs box though. You see, I beg my mom each and every time she flies down to visit to please bring me some Glier's Goetta. I can't get it here in the south. I of course hounded her to bring it with her when she comes for Christmas and she said she couldn't do it this time because she didn't want to carry anything on the plane. (pouting). So, I thought for sure she was mailing me some but those hopes were dashed when I saw the Montgomery Inn Ribs logo on the box. Don't get me wrong, Mont. Inn Ribs are YUMMY, but I had my heart set on goetta. Oh well, she was still thinking of things I like and so I got out a knife and started opening the box.

When I finally got the top off and set it aside, I SQUEALED with delight! Inside there were 12 wonderfully delicious tubes of Glier's Goetta! Yum!!!!!!!!!!!





There was also a magazine full of all of the Cincinnati favorites that I could order in the future and I have to tell you, UDF Ice Cream is on the top of my list! I can't believe I'm willing to spend $40.00 to have 7 pints of ice cream sent here but you better believe it's gonna happen! It's been almost 4 years since I've had that ice cream and I haven't found a single brand here in FL that comes close.
Thank you Mom!!!!!! Awesome gift and I can't wait for one of these tubes to thaw so I can cook it up! You rock and we'll see you this weekend!
Hugs,
Moriah

1 comment: