Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

On My Worktable Today..

This is the armature for the next doll on my list. I am making a Steampunk Type doll for my hubby for Christmas. While my dolls typically decide what they want to be as I go, this one is sort of planned out. It will be a male figure wearing victorian style clothing. He will have boots on and will be wearing an aviator hat and googles on his head. I have a rocket pack in mind for him to wear on his back and he may have a propeller type thingy overhead. Not sure about that part yet. Anywho, it's the costuming of dolls that I hate because I have very little experience with it and usually end up cursing during the process. This doll will require quite a bit of it so I naturally put it off until the last. Ugh. Wish me luck and I'll post pics here and there as I go.

Hugs,
Moriah

2 comments:

sassypackrat said...

I'm sure it will be amazing in the end! I look forward to seeing the process.

The Josie Baggley Company said...

Hello there missy!oooooh & little coggy Steampunk goggles too! The propeller sounds great. Can't wait to see the finished article. I LOVE Steampunk as you know....maybe lol. What a lovely gift to give your love for Christmas. I'm going to make Jim something too but I've yet to decide. Typical! I'll probably end up soldering and cutting & sticking on Christmas morning!

Rainey