Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Painting and a Package


We are busy busy doing last minute shopping, wrapping and prepping here at the Betterly Ranch. My mom made it in safely and after 2 days of "cold for FL" weather, we are back in the mid to upper 70s with plenty of sunshine.
Awhile back my mom contacted me about doing a painting for my brother and his wife that she could give them as a gift for Christmas. So, I finally finished it up today after numerous attempts and failures. You see, I like to paint my girls and when I have to step outside of that I'm at a complete loss. I knew one of my girl paintings wouldn't really go with the type of things they like, so I had to go out of my comfort zone and it was a struggle. I tried 4 different types of paintings before finally being happy with this one:


I really like how the eggshell technique looked in this one. My mom is really happy with it and thinks that my brother and his wife will like it too. Whew! One more item ticked off of the list!
I was so excited today! I got the mail and there was a package. It was the awesome ornie that I won over at the B.W.B.A. Blog! It's a lightbulb creation by BYRUMART and I love it! We're getting closer and closer to having a tree filled with handmade ornies. Whoo hoo. I'm expecting another ornie in the mail that I won on another blog but I'll tell you about it when it arrives and I can show you the pics.
I have a million cookies to make so I better get busy! I'm still working on the steampunk doll for my hubby and it probably won't get done now until sometime at the first of the year, pouting, I just ran out of time. He's okay with it being late, thank goodness. So, I'll share that with you when it's done.
I hope you are all enjoying the holiday and staying warm with friends and family. We here at the Betterly Ranch and MLB Studios wish you and yours a very HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!
Hugs,
Moriah

2 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Love the painting! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

The painting is so beautiful..can u tell me how u did it?