Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Painted Cabinet Progess.....

I've been working on the cabinet in small incriments. I have all of the front of the top section completed.. whoo hoo!


The upper section has a bunch of girls painted on it since that is my favorite thing to paint lately..

The bottom section has some mixed media houses collaged on with acrylic accents.....


The doors are actually a dark blue and white checker design. In the pictures it looks black and white. the trim is painted black. I ran to Home Depot today and bought some new drawer pulls... I'm also going to add these same pulls to the doors on the top and the sliding doors on the bottom as well..



Now I'm working on one of the sides of the upper part of the cabinet. i know it's hard to see, it's just pencil drawings at the moment, but it's sectioned off into 4 sections. In the first section I'm painting my three children, in the second section I'm painting my husband's 2 children, in the third I'm painting me and my husband and in the fourth i'm painting our three cats because they're part of the family too! If you click on the images you can see them a bit bigger....



I haven't had a chance to work anymore on Beezle but hopefully I'll get some work done on him tomorrow.

I hope all of you are doing something creative! I know it's hard to pull yourself away from all of the awesome blogs out there that are participating in the O.W.O.H. Blog Event but do take some time to create SOMETHING!

Hugs,

Moriah

15 comments:

Chris in Oz said...

Hi Moriah,

Your cupboard is looking pretty darn great, if you ask me. it just shows that old saying about wanting something done and doing it properly doesn't it.

Hugz......

Deedra said...

Man...this is so totally awesome in SO MANY WAYS!!! Nice work!!!!

XO

sassypackrat said...

Wonderful! Can't wait to see how the side comes out!

spindelmaker said...

what a brilliant idea. I´ve been thinking about doing the same thing, and now I can see how yours turned out first :-)

Mila said...

Oh my...this is my first OWOH and i little tired now...Yoiu have right it's time to do something creative now!
Another fine work by you! Thank you for sharing!
Hugs,
Mila :)

The Josie Baggley Company said...

Moriah..this is looking great! I love the row of girls at the top-you paint them so well in your inimitable style!looking forward to seeing the painting of YOU on the side!
and welcome to the Fleamarket Floozies!
Rainey

Lynn said...

The cabinet is looking just gorgeous Moriah!! I'm sure it's going to be quite a keepsake by the time you get the whole family painted on. :)

Lynn
www.ThoughtsOfABlonde.com

Marina said...

Wow Moriah! This is turning awesome! Love all the little faces border and the mixed media houses! Great job!

Alice Stroppel said...

You are inspiring me to start on some funky old furniture pieces I've had hanging around for years. Love what you're doing with your project. Love the girls.

Manon Doyle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! I love this cabinet you're working on! It's awesome!

RekindleMe said...

What a fantastic piece!! I just stumbled upon your blog and I will be coming back to see the progress!! Love it!

cheekyradish said...

ABSOLUTELY darling!! Reminds me of the painted furniture I've seen in high end boutiques.

Dreamspirations Gallery said...

What a great addition to your craft room! Wow! It looks so much better :)

I've got an award for ya on my blog for being such a creative and inspiring person! Feel free to pick it up whenever you have the time....
Have a Great Weekend,
Summer

Jonty said...

Looking great so far.

Fabi said...

Genial !!!!!
Saludos
Fabi