Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Do You Ever Wonder.....


..... how I made something or what I used in a piece or what supplies I have in my studio? Have you had a question in your mind that you didn't ask because you thought you shouldn't?
I put a lot of my creations on my blog and every once in a while I'll do a free tutorial video but I never really go into too much detail about how I make anything. The reason I don't is usually because I don't want to take the time to type it all out. It's not because I'm trying to keep secrets. Frankly no one, including myself, invented the techniques we use in our art. People do love to claim ownership of techniques in the art world but I can almost guarantee when they did it for the first time and reported it, 100s of others have done it too and just haven't shared their discovery or felt the need to stick a flag in it and claim it as their own.
So, what I'd like to do is instead of taking the time to list everything I do and/or use for my pieces when i show them here is give you an open invitation to ask me questions that you're curious about. Don't be shy, I don't bite. You can either leave a comment here, on the blog post you have a question about and I'll answer there or you can email me and I'll answer you privately.
So, ask away! Wanna see my studio, no problem. Wanna know what paints I use? no problem. Wanna know how I go about making a doll? no problem.. Just ask.

1 comment:

Sue said...

No questions at the moment Moriah, but this is a fantastic idea!

Sue:)