Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Mad Hatter

I finished the Mad Hatter this evening! He is the first in a series of 5 Alice in Wonderland character dolls, so stay tuned for the others...













As you saw in the video, I started with a doll body constructed of various wood pieces. I added Paperclay to the base and then let it dry. Next, I used acrylic paints, pastels and pencil to add color. To wig him, I used mohair and applied the hair in rows starting at the nape of his neck and working my way up. The hat is made from MANY layers of card stock and pages from a book, then sealed and painted. I used beads and ribbon to decorate his top hat. From his base to the top of his hat, he measures 5.5 inches tall. He is signed and dated on his base. I'll be adding him to the ETSY SHOP sometime tomorrow.

Back to work......

Moriah

5 comments:

Bea said...

He's wonderful! :)Bea

Ildiko said...

very good job Moriah !!!

Ascension said...

Genial!!!!
Es una maravilla!!!

besitos ascension

Janine said...

Moriah, this is wonderful!

Queen Of Toys said...

I am new here and I have to say that your dolls are brilliant love them all especially the madhatter.