Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Monster Under My Bed.....

You may remember several months ago I signed up for a doll swap over at Zan Asha's blog, Wild at Heart Art. She hosted a swap called Monster in the Closet. Well...... I got paired up with the wonderful Kimberly Turner of Soggy Dog Studios and was excited to get started. I showed WIP pics of the monster I was working on and Kim was all excited to receive him, AND THEN......
the monster got knocked off of my work table and broke in 2 places... :( ... sigh....

So, rather than try to fix it and send her a doll that may or may not be structurally sound, I opted to make another monster doll for her. I felt so bad but what could I do, ya know? Anyway....

I was going to throw out the other monster but my husband begged me to repair it and finish it because he would like to have it. I argued that it might not be repairable, blah blah but he wore me down and I agreed. I agreed to have it finished for him by Christmas of 2009! I was a little late... I just finished him yesterday....sigh..... Thank goodness my husband loves me and has patience!

Before I show you the finished doll, I wanted to share with you the story behind him.

When I was little I really did think there was a monster under my bed. Every night I would line my stuffed animals all around the edge of the bed and I'd kiss each one and apologize for putting them there. My strategy was that if the monster reached up to grab me, he'd grab a stuffed animal instead. HORRIBLE of me, right?? I know, I know! Luckily, not a single stuffed animal went missing!

So, this monster is MY monster under my bed, eating my stuffed animals!






Another unfinished project off of my work table and TODO list! Whoo hoo!

Back to work....

Moriah

5 comments:

sassypackrat said...

He is so awesome! I can see why your husband wanted him.

Regina said...

AWESOME job!!!!

Sarah said...

He is brilliant! I loved your story too-I thought that was a very original way of keeping the monster under the bed away!

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Your Monster is fantastic...I never had monsters under the bed but Witches in the closet...I use to pay my big brother a nickle every night to check out the closet before I went to bed...

Ildiko said...

lol.he is great !!!
i used to have "crocodiles" under my bed that's why i always kept my feet under the duvet lol...