Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Playing Around...

Another blog friend of mine told me I should try Portfolio Water Soluble Oil Pastels. She said she loves them.

So, tonight while catching up on some tv that I had recorded the previous week, I sat down with my art journal/sketchbook to play around with them.

I like them and don't like them all at the same time. I want to play around with them a bit more though before I make any kind of definate judgement about them.

Anyway, here's what I did while watching Castle...


I only used the oil pastels, pencil and a bit of ink on this. I really just wanted to get the feel of the pastels. I also realized that I'm really on a clown kick lately!

Moriah

2 comments:

Bea said...

I like them as part of a layer when I am making my graffiti canvas or backgrounds. They can add some depth or highlights and are easy to move around with a damp brush or finger.
But, I also seal that layer before I move onto another layer of paints and collage.
Hope you are feeling more up soon. :)Bea

Jonty said...

I know that feeling lol. They look cool, soft & pastel like but with a edge to them. They should work well on figures.