Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Million Shingles Later....

After climbing over and under stacks of boxes and stuff in my garage, I finally found one of the dollhouse kits I have stored away and dug the shingles out of it. Rob Peter to pay Paul, right? I'll buy new ones whenever I get around to building that dollhouse.
I spent hours gluing on one shingle at a time and if I never see another dollhouse shingle, it'll be too soon! Whew! The good thing is, they're all on now and once the glue is completely dry I'll trim them along the edges and gesso them. I'd love to leave them as they are but they won't match the shingles on the porch roof, so... these have to get painted too.

I also took some close up pictures of the windows and shutters so you could see the crackle effect on them better. I tried to get it in the video but you really can't see it too well.



Okay, I'm exhausted and think I'm going to knock off for today. I'll try to get some more done on it tomorrow but I don't know how much I'll be able to do. I promised my daughters that they could paint their dollhouse another color and that I'd help them with it.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Hugs,
Moriah

6 comments:

Ascension said...

A mi me ecanta como estan las tejas y los diferentes tonos que has conseguido.
Las ventanas estan genial, me gusta el acabado que les has hecho.
besitos ascension

Bea said...

There is just something so much fun about working with little houses. Well done! :)Bea

Christianne Teixeira said...

Moriah, the house is wonderful now!!!! Well done!!

Pattee said...

Wow Moriah its awesome!!! I've never tried a doll house.

I'll definitely put your name into the virtual hat!

Hugs~Pattee

Darcy said...

loving your creations, following so I can come back for a good read and to watch your tutorials, have a great day.x

Kristin said...

Ooooh, I had one of these when I was a teenager! What wonderful memories - I would love to do one again - yours is such a beautiful inspiration! LOVE the crackle, Kristin xo