After climbing over and under stacks of boxes and stuff in my garage, I finally found one of the dollhouse kits I have stored away and dug the shingles out of it. Rob Peter to pay Paul, right? I'll buy new ones whenever I get around to building that dollhouse.
I spent hours gluing on one shingle at a time and if I never see another dollhouse shingle, it'll be too soon! Whew! The good thing is, they're all on now and once the glue is completely dry I'll trim them along the edges and gesso them. I'd love to leave them as they are but they won't match the shingles on the porch roof, so... these have to get painted too.
I also took some close up pictures of the windows and shutters so you could see the crackle effect on them better. I tried to get it in the video but you really can't see it too well.
Okay, I'm exhausted and think I'm going to knock off for today. I'll try to get some more done on it tomorrow but I don't know how much I'll be able to do. I promised my daughters that they could paint their dollhouse another color and that I'd help them with it.
Have a great Monday everyone!