Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Playing With Fabric

I signed up to participate in a bookmark swap recently. My partner likes pink and green and all things shabby. As you know, this is not my comfort zone so I thought it would be fun to step outside of my norm and do a little something that would force me to try new things.


I started off with some shabby looking fabric from my stash of fabric sample book pages. Then I added a piece of eyelet lace and three coordinating buttons. From there I used that same shabby fabric and some off white lace to add the little tails to the top. Last, I stitched some hearts onto some burlap type material and stitched those onto the front. I think it's kinda sweet! I hope my partner enjoys it and it was fun trying something new!



4 comments:

Marsha (Sassy Mini Dolls) said...

Very pretty, Moriah!! Don't you love a challenge, one that pushes us out of our "comfort" zone!

xxoo

Bea said...

Very sweet. I love the little hear flowers and the big pink button. :)Bea

Healing Woman said...

The bookmark is a little masterpiece!

Sue said...

Moriah, your bookmark is beautiful! Would definitely make any book extra special.

Sue