Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wednesday Addams and a Pretty Pink Elf!

Whoo hoo!  I have FINALLY completed these two dolls that have been in the works for quite some time.  I have to say, I dearly love both of them.  It was amazing how easy Wednesday went together for me.  Each step went exactly as I planned.  The little elf was a little more of a challenge but I'm thrilled with how her costuming turned out.  Man I love my sewing machine! 

Wednesday is sculpted in polymer clay over armature.  Her eyes are handmade by me.  Her hair is viscose.  Her arms are posable while her legs are stationary.  She carries a tiny little doll which was sculpted in paperclay.  Wednesday's necklace is a velvet collar with a creepy little spider pendant and her buttons are handmade.  Her dress is a black polyester fabric with white lacey trim.  Wednesday needs a doll stand to help her stay upright and is 9.5 inches tall.






Next up is a Pretty Pink Elf.  This little cutie is sculpted in paperclay and is completely posable.  She has joints at her shoulders, elbows, hips and knees.  Her hair is viscose and her eyes are acrylic.  She wears a cute little dress made from pink cotton and striped flannel fabrics.  She also has some white lacey trim.  Her buttons are hand made by me.  She has been painted in acrylics.  She carries a cute little bear toy in her arms.  This little elf needs a doll stand to help her stay upright and is 8 inches tall. 





I sooooo enjoyed working on both of these dolls!  I still have a steampunk chick on my desk to finish and I also need to get busy making the steampunk gentleman you got a peek of awhile back.  There are so many ideas going through my head right now!  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Oh Moriah! Both dolls are wonderful! I can really see a progression in your work. The eyes on Wednesday are awesome! Your elf is just amazing! Her outfit is so sweet and cute! A good sewing machine really does make a big difference. I'm sending my wish to the world and maybe I'll get a good machine too! Can't wait to see more of your work.

Sherry Edwards said...

Amazing, brilliant, wonderful, fabulous etc etc - lol. They are both so realistic looking too - what a great job on both!

Sue said...

Both dolls are wonderful! I love the character that Wednesday has, but the sweetness of the little pink elf is fabulous too! Well done!

Hugs