Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Bloggers Are Giving, Caring People!

Hello folks!  I had to take a moment to do up a little blog post about something that happend recently.  Awhile back I joined a Gothic Ornament Swap over on Cindy Owen's Blog.  I made 6 ornaments and sent them to Cindy.  In turn, she sent 6 ornaments made by the other participants back to me and I love each and every one of them!  Having said that, there was one little ornament that I was hoping I would receive.  Cindy put up a parade of the ornaments on her blog and when I saw this ornament I had to have it!  Alas, I didn't receive the ornament.  :(

So, rather than just pout...lol.... I contacted the artist who made her (Matty Adragna) through HER ETSY SHOP and asked if she'd be willing to make me another one and I'd purchase it from her.  Much to my surprise, she replied and said she would send one to me as a gift!!!!  I couldn't believe it! 

Well...... Today the ornament arrived!  It is almost identical to the original one and I couldn't be happier!  I LOVE this ornament! 

Here's a picture of the original one:


And here's what I recieved today:



Squeal!  I think I actually like this more than the original!  Thank you so much, Matty!! 

So, when y'all get a chance, head over to Matty's Blog and Etsy Store.  She's a sweetheart.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the little thank you gift I'm preparing for Matty and will get it in the mail to Matty in the next couple of days.  Just goes to show you how giving and sweet bloggers really are!

10 comments:

Sharon - Rekindle Me said...

Oh, your ornament is adorable!! What a wonderful way to end your week!!

Sherry Edwards said...

How fantastic! The ornament is beautiful!!

Mattydolls said...

Oh Moriah! Thanks so much for such a wonderful post! I'm so glad you like her!

Hugs,
Matty

The Hermits' Garden said...

She is cute! I love the forlorn expression and the red/black/white colors...
jan

Kai said...

Well, you know what? You GET good things because YOU are a sweetheart! How do I know? I commented on your amazing eggs (below) and you wrote the nicest email back to me! Goodness travels in a circle! YOU are definitely part of that circle, Moriah! Love the ornie! And good on Matty for ALSO belonging to the circle! YAY, MATTY!!!! Hugs to you both!

Larisiya said...

Dear Moriah! Please check back for a reward to my blog!
http://larisiya.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-post_18.html

Deborah said...

Moriah, I saw that too and I think it was so cool. I am glad you got one. Your eggs are so unique and so cute. I love the polka dotted blue on's grin :)

jonaks said...

oh she is so lovely!

My name is Cindy said...

That is just adorable!! And yes I agree, Bloggers are the bvest (especially crafty ones!!)

Papillon Bleu said...

I love Matyy's work! I have 2 of her cuties at home.
AND she is sooooooooo adorable!
Just like your doll!
;-)