Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Free Crackle Tutorial Coming Soon...

Hello!

When I posted the doll I had made for the Quaint Ole Doll Swap in various places around the blogosphere I received a handful of comments from folks stating that they never have any luck using crackle medium.  So, I decided I'd do up a little video tutorial so you could see what I use and how I do it.  I'm still in production as I got sidetracked this weekend with festivals and such.


I hope to have the recording done sometime Monday and the video posted sometime Tuesday or Wednesday.  Here is where the process was when I stopped recording.... 


Her head is sculpted in paperclay over a styrofoam core.  She was painted in acrylics and then I applied the crackle medium.  She has completely dried and is now waiting for me to start the next step which is adding the antiquing medium to really bring out those cracks and give her paint job that old stained with age look.  So.... keep checking back.  For now, I've got a date with my waterbed!

Hugs,
Moriah

3 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Thanks Moriah. I'll be posting tomorrow with a link to your blog so others can watch you do your crackling effect. Mine still is nowhere near this good.

Dawn in the Forest said...

I love the look of "crackle", however I've never used it....maybe I will give it a try:)

Lucys Baby said...

I'll definitely be watching! Love that face!