Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quaint Ole' Doll Swap Results

I have been waiting to blog about this until my partner received the doll I made for her.  Well,  today she emailed me and let me know it arrived so I don't have to wait any more!  YAY!

Okay, okay, okay....

So, as you all know, I participated in Cindy's Quaint Ole' Doll Swap over at her blog thimbleprimsstudio.blogspot.com.  I was paired up with Madalynne of pineappleprimitives.blogspot.com just before Christmas.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I received the doll that Madalynne had made for me and I was nowhere near finished with the doll I was working on for her.  EEK!  The due date was February 9th so I still had plenty of time but I felt bad because I had already received mine and Madalynne was going to have to wait for hers.  :(

Before I go on, I want to show you the awesome doll Madalynne made for me...

She's a cloth doll and she has posable everything!  Even the individual fingers are posable!  She's about 17 inches tall.




I love love love the blouse!  My costuming skills need a lot of work but I think Madalynne has it down!


I squealed when I saw this little owl!  It is fabric, needlesculpted and painted.  I LOVE IT!  I guess Madalynne poked around a bit and saw that I collect owls so she made one to go along with the doll.  That's so sweet of her and I love it to pieces!


I love her skinny little legs and red stockings! 



How awesome are these boots?  Completely made of cloth and embellished with little knots and strings.  Fabulous!

Thank you so mauch Madalynne!  I love my doll and I had such a great time with this swap!


So, like I was saying, Madalynne had to wait a bit to receive her doll from me.  I was really dreading the cotuming part as it is my weakest skill at the moment and I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist with my dolls so the costuming part really causes me stress.  It's getting better the more I learn but UGH......

Anyway, I managed to get Madalynne's doll finished and out right at the last minute!  I was actually quite pleased with her and want to make more dolls in this style.  Here's what I came up with for Madalynne:








I had such a blast with this swap!  Thanks again Madalynne and thanks also needs to go to Cindy for hosting such a great swap!

5 comments:

sassypackrat said...

The doll you received is so sweet and the owl is just precious! The doll you sent is amazing! You should make more like it.

Healing Woman said...

Both dolls are a delight! There that fabulous crackling is again. I may have gotten it down..not sure but will know in a few hours! Thanks for all your wonderful tips and I still look forward to the video.

~Madalynne~ said...

She was well worth the wait Moriah! I just love her and she will be on permanent display. Thanks!

Mattydolls said...

Both fantastic dolls!! Love her face Moriah!

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR MORIAH,
I FOUND YOU THROUGH A COMMENT YOU LEFT ON OWOH AND I HAD TO SEE WHAT THE LADY BUG WAS...WHAT THE STORY WAS...I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT...THEN I ARRIVED ON YOUR BLOG AND THESE DOLLS MADE ME CRY WITH JOY...THE DETAIL IN YOUR FACE MAKES HER LOOK LIKE A COMPOSTION DOLL THAT OVER TIMES HAS CRACKED...HER EYES...SHE IS STUNNING...AND THE BLOUSE YOU MADE HER WAS MADE JUST FOR HER...I SEE THE STORY THAT HER MOTHER WAS AN EXCELLENT SEAMSTRESS WHO SEWED FOR THE QUEEN OF HONEY CASTLE. THE QUEEN WAS VERY NICE BUT THE KING HELD HER FATHER IN THE DUNGEON AS HIS FAMILY, THE MEADOW LARK FAMILY USE TO RULE THE KINGDOM WITH GENEROSITY TO ALL.
THE QUEEN ALLOWED MRS. HEATON TO KEEP WHAT EVER PIECES OF MATERIAL WERE LEFT OVER TO SEW SOMETHING FOR HER DAUGHTER (your doll...so a fancy blouse would not be right as she wore her only good blouse over and over with the new skirts her mother would make her from taspesteries and the finest imported silks) MRS. HEATON HAD JUST ENOUG CLOTH TO MAKE SOPHIE JUNE A NEW SUNDAY SKIRT AND SCARF TO MATCH. SOPHIE JUNE KISSED HER MAMA AND BOTH SMILED.
~~~~~~~~~~<><
FORGIVE ME FOR WRITING DOWN THE LITTLE SILLIES IN MY HEAD.
I WOULD BE HONORED IF YOU JOINED MY BLOG BOTH FOR THE FRIENDSHIP, ADVERTISEMENT FOR YOUR BLOG AND I COULD SMILE AT THE LADYBUG EVERY DAY. MY PROFILE PICTURE IS OF AN ART PROJECT MY DAUGHTER MADE FOR ME BEFORE SHE WENT ON TO HEAVEN. WE USE TO MAKE UP STORIES AND SHE WOULD COME OVER AFTER WORKING HARD AND CUDDLE UP ON MY BED WITH ME AND I WOULD READ HER CHILDREN STORIES, ALTHOUGH THIS HAPPENED IN HER TEENS UNTIL AGE 33.
I WILL COME BACK AND READ MORE OF YOUR BLOG.
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
SIMPLY DEBBIE