Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mary Elizabeth and Annabelle New Works.

Do you remember this face?


After putting the crackle tutorial on my blog I received an email from my mother asking what I was planning to do with this head.  Translated= "Moriah, I want this doll!"  :)

So, I agreed to make this head into a doll for her as she was coming to visit us here in Florida soon. 
So, I got busy working on it, a little here and a little there.  Then I decided to make a second doll for her as well so I sculpted up another smaller head and gave it a body.

When my mom arrived in Florida, neither doll was finished.  Sigh... But I promised her that they would be done before she left.  She gave me input about what kind of dresses she wanted and which fabrics she wanted.  She also chose their hair color and styles. 

I had so much fun working on these dolls!  They're bigger than I usually make and a totally different style than I usually work in but I LOVE how they turned out and you will definately be seeing more of this style of doll from me in the future.

Without further ado, I present Mary Elizabeth and Annabelle!

Mary Elizabeth is a cloth doll with a paperclay head and stands 18 inches tall.
Annabelle is a cloth doll with a paperclay head and stands 13 inches tall.



























hugs,
Moriah

11 comments:

~Madalynne~ said...

Moriah, these are awesome! You have such a way with clay!

Beadwright said...

I love these cracked up face dolls. Wonderful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Brianne said...

Moriah, crackle face or not, your dolls are absolutely stunning. Your work on big Maggie turned her into a doll with beautiful character also. Your mother is very very fortunate.

Flor Larios Art said...

Super cool dolls! Very special hairs and crackles! Super!

Dena said...

Moriah you put a lot of love into these dolls. The crackle face is a great idea for this application, the dresses, stitching body and shoes and the hair, the hair looks great.

Dawn in the Forest said...

Wow! They both turned out wonderful:) I love the dresses you made for them.....lots of details:)

RE said...

Wow! They look like mother and daughter! They are wonderful!! and you sew so well! Love the shoes and pantaloons. Great job on the both! xo Michele

Michele Lynch Art said...

oops sorry! My younger son created a blogger account on my computer and I didn't realize I was signed in under him! The RE comment is actually from me ;o) xo Michele

Healing Woman said...

They are wonderful and you can really see those crackles with the larger faces. Great new style.

sassypackrat said...

Wow Moriah they are wonderful! They sure are larger than you usually work but I'd know them as yours anywhere. The clothes are wonderful. Your mom must be so pleased at such a lovely gift!

yoborobo said...

Hi Moriah! I came over from Jenn's blog (sassypackrat). I love your dolls!! The crackle is wonderful, and you make the most amazing clothes! Thanks for sharing the process with all of us - Pam