Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Two Part Plaster Mold Trial

I've decided to attempt molding.  The goal is to eventually make molds of my sculpts but for now, I'm just practicing with what I have around.  So, for my first mold making attempt I chose to use the mannequin body that I cast and fired not too long ago.  So far so good!  I have only made the first side of the mold so far but I'm really pleased with how it came out.  It needs to be cleaned but I will do that after I have poured both pieces of the mold.  The real test will be to see if I get a clean cast from the mold.  Stay tuned...




3 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Yes, so far, so good. I've only done a bit of casting myself. It will be interesting to see your progress on this.

Dawn in the Forest said...

I think this one looks great. I bet it's fun to experiement with the kiln. I can't wait to see your next post:) Hope you have a great week.

Kaerie Faerie said...

Wow so cool, I have a feeling I may be going in this direction too
thanks for all the great pics
Karey