Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Pendants Fresh From The Kiln Today

I have been playing with different glazing techniques again.  Here's what the first batch turned out like:

(YOU CAN CLICK THE IMAGE TO MAKE IT BIGGER)

To see close up pictures, please drop by the BLU MUDD Blog.  It's all new and shiny.  :)  If you would like to keep up with my ceramic work, I hope you'll consider following Blu Mudd as well.

Tomorrow the family and I are heading out early for a much needed day of relaxing.  We have a two hour drive first but after that we'll be spending the day letting all of our stress go while we float down river on a tube, enjoying the beauty and peace that nature provides.  I for one am sooooo ready for that!  



I've just whipped up a batch of Crock-Pot Cinna-Apples 'n Oats and put it in the crock pot so it'll be ready when we wake up in the morning.  


From the Hungry Girl Books:

PER SERVING (1 heaping cup): 249 calories, 4.5g fat, 320mg sodium, 52g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 26g sugars, 4.5g protein -- POINTS® value 5*

This sweet 'n satisfying dish is like the love child of gooey cinnamon apples and brown sugar oatmeal. It's perfect for breakfast, dessert, or snack time. Yay!!!

Ingredients:
8 cups chopped Fuji apples (about 6 apples)
2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed), divided
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup light vanilla soymilk
1/3 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix apples with 1 tbsp. brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Stir to coat apples well. Transfer to the crock pot.

In the empty bowl, combine oats, soymilk, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, syrup, and salt. (All remaining ingredients except butter.) Add 1 cup water and mix well.

Add oat mixture to the crock pot, and gently stir. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 7 hours.

Add butter and mix well. (Do NOT forget this step. Stick a Post-it to your timer if you have to!) Serve and enjoy!

MAKES 5 SERVINGS


So, off I go to try to grab some sleep.  I'm not an early riser but I will be tomorrow!  Have a fabulous day everyone!

Moriah

1 comment:

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Moriah,
I Love your fun pendants you are creating! I was just at your blue mudd shop last night drooling over your designs.trying to decide which one I want.. well, I'm going to have to have more then just one ;)

Thanks so much for the recipe! I love a good hearty wholesome breakfast like that, and I am definitely going to try it!!

Have a splendid time on your trip with the family :)

~Diane