Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Broke Out My SEXY Slippers

It's getting pretty chilly here today.  (Northerners, don't groan at me)  We started off near 80 and at 2:46pm we've dropped down to 64.  The temps are supposed to get colder yet.  It's dark and gray out there and it's raining too.



I'm actually thrilled about the whole thing.  It's been in the 80s for weeks and humid.  Anyway, I broke out the sweatshirt and my SEXY boot slippers that I bought at Ikea this weekend.


They are down filled and very comfortable and warm.  Not very sexy though.... lol

Since it's so gloomy around here today I figured I might as well get started on some new items for the Blu Mudd line today.  I've already sketched out my ideas and have a pretty good idea what designs I want to do.


Now I have to make a slump mold, which is where this little bowl is going to come in handy...


I also have a stamp or two that I want to carve.  We've gotten a lot of requests for sea turtles lately so....


sea turtles it is!

In the meantime, I put 4 custom pieces in the test kiln to fire.  They should be ready to ship out tomorrow, provided all goes well with this glaze firing.  You just never know what's going to happen in there.


As far as the show we did this weekend, it was a colossal waste of our time.  We did manage to make our entry fee back and a little profit too but no where near enough to make it worth it.  A friend of mine suggested more than once that I do a Buckler's Show so I told my husband and he was on the phone trying to get a spot at the show they were hosting this weekend.  We got in but man do we wish we hadn't of.  It was a really small show and we had to drive 40 minutes to get there each day so the cost for the gas in my van was a little high.  Once you took out expenses and such, I could have made more money sitting at home listing junk on eBay.  It was disappointing and we will not be doing any of the Buckler shows in the future.  Live and learn.  It's all part of the learning curve, I'm afraid.  Hopefully the show in New Port Richey will be a better experience.

Okay, so I'm off of this computer and heading on over to my work table.  Don't forget, everything in my Blu Mudd Etsy Shop is 20% off today for Cyber Monday.  Just enter CYBER20 at checkout to receive your discount.  Have a great week everyone!

XXOO
Moriah

4 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Jealous of your sexy slippers! Huddled here in 2 pair of thick socks and still cold. It's 39 here. Stay warm and I look forward to seeing your wind-chimes!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I have some black sexy slippers like these :o)! Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Beth said...

I am jealous of that kiln! I know, sad isn't it...I don't covet clothes or shoes or even diamonds (gasp) just give more art tools and supplies!
Keep up the beautiful work...
Hugs,
Beth P

Wilton Art said...

Do not be discouraged about the show Moriah, it is all a learning curve.

I like your sexy slippers!