Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Feeling the Pressure

My studio looks like a bomb went off in here.


We're 6 days away from the show and I still have a lot going on to get ready still.  I'm getting really nervous about the whole thing but I'm not going to beat myself up about anything too much.

I'm still glazing pendants...


I'm still trying to fill all of the displays...



There are glazes and underglazes EVERYWHERE!


Pendants still waiting to be bisque fired...


There are earring sets waiting for packaging, Suede necklaces waiting to be packaged, unread mail, books and misc stuff all over my computer desk...


It's a bit of controlled chaos, really.

I do have faith that I will have enough product for the show and that everything will run smoothly.  I just keep plugging away at it, every day and when Sunday gets here, whatever I have done will be enough.

That doesn't mean that I'm not feeling pressured or that I'm not nervous, because I certainly am.  But, just like with everything else in my life, I just believe it will all be okay.  :)

I did take some time to go to the book store with my teenage son the other day.  He was so sweet.  He said, "Mom, when we're done we're getting some Starbucks, my treat."  Love that kid!  So I ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte and enjoyed every single sip of it.  Yummmm!  While he was buying the book he needed for his Language Arts class, I was looking through jewelry books.  I wanted to find a book that would teach me how to do all of the closures and links because I have a ton of wire and want to play with making bracelets and such with ceramic beads and charms that I make myself.  I was just about to give up when I came across this book, " Easy & Elegant Beaded Copper Jewelry; How to create beautiful fashion accessories from a few basic steps" by Lora S. Irish.  It's packed with tons of different closures and links and how to make them.  SOLD!  I brought it home and have been flipping through it here and there when I take a break from show preparation.  I can't wait to play around with some designs but that will have to wait until after the show.


Then, as if I don't have enough on my plate already, my son brings home a kitten today!  We already have four cats and DO NOT want/need another one.  He said it came running up to him at the neighborhood park when he was walking home from school today.  I explained that there was no way we were keeping it and I took the kitten and my son and drove back over by the park.  I sent Jesse door to door to see if we could find the owner.  No one claimed the kitten.  :(  So, I have put a found ad on Craig's List and will be keeping my eye open for lost signs to go up.  I really hope we find his owner but I'm only going to give it a week.  Come next Monday, if no owner has been found, I will put him up for adoption.  He's so cute and so friendly that I'm sure he'll get snatched up quick.  Poor little guy.  In the meantime, he'll be calling our lanai home.  We're keeping him separated from our cats in case he's sick or has fleas and also so he doesn't mate with our only intact female.  0_0.

He is cute though, huh?


Anyway, that's the madness going on around here at the moment.  The next time I post will be after the show this weekend.  I'll be sure to take pics and tell you all about it.

Have a great week everyone!

~Moriah

3 comments:

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Moriah
You are going to have a fantastic show!!!!

Loved seeing your chaos, it was GOOD chaos.. it was that of an artist, a darn good artist :)

What a cute kitty.

hugs,
~Diane

sassypackrat said...

I'm sure the show will be fabulous and you will learn so much and sell lots!
Wish I could come and support you but I'll be there in spirit!

Michele Lynch Art said...

I feel your pain on the controlled chaos ;o) I live it too! You're show will turn out fabulous, you have done everything you can to prepare :o)) Everything looks wonderful :o)) Can't wait to hear how it goes! I'm wishing you tons of sales! Love the kitty! We just brought home another kitty on Saturday, we're up to 2 dogs and 2 cats and 2 sons...I think I'm building an ark lol. Good luck on your show, but I know you are going to have a terrific one!! xo Michele