Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WOYWW #129

Hello!  I signed up to participate each week in WOYWW.  Every Wednesday I'll give you a little peek into my studio to see what's going on around here.  If you'd like to participate too you can click on the badge over there on the right side bar to find out all about it.

So, what's on my worktable this Wednesday?  Stamp carving mess, that's what!  I have been commissioned to create 2 custom pendants for a lady in Ohio.  She's giving them as gifts for Christmas.  I drew out the design (mirrored image) on a cheapo pink eraser and then carved it using a stamp carving tool and some wood carving tools.



It came out right on the first try.  I love it when that happens!

Now I'm off to clean up some bone dry pendants waiting for me in the food dehydrator.  For those who celebrate, have a HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

I thought I'd share pics of the rest of my studio real quick before I run...






XXOO
Moriah

10 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

very clever, I will not try to make my own stamps lol I couldnt carve a straight line to save my life. Love your bracelet
Bridget #36

Sherry Edwards said...

It is so pleasing when something turns out right first time! I must try this carving out for myself one day (yet another thing to add to the list!)

Happy Thanksgiving to you xx

jude said...

How clever hope the finished creation works out for you.Thanks for showing us.
Have fab wdnesday !please pop by i have candy on offer
hugs judex 18

Neil said...

Hi there. Thanks for letting us peek into your creative space this week. It’s always inspiring seeing where and how we create! Hope the rest of your week goes very well for you.
Neil #31

Anesha said...

Wow, what a amazing crafting space you have!!

Wilton Art said...

Happy Thanksgiving Moriah!

Sarah said...

Great to be carving your own dsigns! What a truly fab space - looks like a great place to create! Thanks for taking some time to share your desk...Sarah at 14.

Laura said...

Great when something works first time. I had a nosey at your room it's great, I love the green painted furniture but you have to let poor kitty in sitting at the door. Laura

Julia Dunnit said...

Welcome to WOYWW and OMGee...you have a lovely space. I see all this empty shelves and sigh - how lovely a wood mounted stamp collection would look! Hvae had a good browse around your blog this morning, your ceramics are wonderful.

Shoshi said...

Very clever, carving your own rubber stamps! I can imagine that that might be quite difficult to do. As for your creative space - it's massive! No doubt all those empty shelves will soon be filled? Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #70