Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shaking Off the Bah Hummbugs

Every year I get a little less jolly and a bit more bah hummbug this time of year.  I think it's a combination of things that are causing it.  The warmer weather here in Florida makes it seem impossible that it's Christmas time. My husband being less than enthused every holiday.  The very few things Christmas themed to do here this time of year.  It all adds up to me thinking, "Why bother?"  Then I look at my kids.  Especially the youngest one (age 9), and then I think, "Oh yeah, because they are excited about it."



I used to love Christmas!  Everything about it.  Going to see all of the window displays, the train displays, the light displays.  Everything always seemed so magical in December.  So, instead of becoming more and more Grinch like, I've decided to take back my holidays!  :)

I'm just going to have to figure out how I can make it feel more like Christmas around here, without moving to a state with cold and snow that I absolutely loathe.

So, I finally dragged out our crappy little Christmas tree and the kids had fun putting the ornaments on.  Then I decided to make some ornaments for the upcoming show this weekend too.  So, I turned on the holiday channel on Pandora and made these ornaments while I sang along to my favorite holiday songs.








I know, I know.....

Making some ornaments and dragging out a tree isn't exactly a great effort but I'm working on it.  Next year I've decided to have a real tree for the first time in 18 years.  I'm going to make next Christmas a Christmas to remember for a long time.  Dang it!  This year, I'll do what I can on such short notice.  :)

No really, after I do the show this weekend I'll be focusing on Christmas.  The getting of gifts, wrapping, planning dinner, etc.

Maybe if all of you share what you do for Christmas it will inspire me to get my rear in gear.  Just leave a comment telling me what you HAVE TO HAVE when planning Christmas.  There may be a little somethin' somethin' in it for you too... hint hint.  More on that later.

In the meantime, wish me luck at the show and I'll be back Monday with info from the show and the somethin' somethin'.  ;)

XXOO
Moriah

3 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Love the ornaments! I feel the same about xmas. Since I don't have little ones anymore it's just not the same. I'm trying to make the effort since my nephews will be here. I even got a small tree just for my studio to help me get in the mood. Trying hard NOT to be Grinchy this year!

Mostly I'm looking forward to making all my holiday cookies, I go cookie crazy and bake until I drop.

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Moriah,
I know the Bah hum bug feeling!

I have been struggling this year with the spirit thing.
I have to snap out of it, and quick!!!

LOVE,LOVE, LOVE the ornaments!!!

~Diane

Mary Ann said...

You are not alone at feeling Grichy...lots of people seem to be feeling the same. We haven't done Christmas for about four or five years now that my sons are adults. They have there own things to do. However, I am now a grandmother. My granddaughter is 17 months old and we have really gotten into the whole Christmas spirit even my own humbug husband...LOL We are putting up a tree and everything. I have dragged out all the decorations and have threatened death to certain humbugs if the Christmas lights are not put up this week:)

On another note...your decorations are wonderful:) Good luck with your weekend show.