Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Slowing Down and Savoring the Simple

All of the stress lately and worry and feeling of emergency has been draining.  Both emotionally and physically.  Rather than focusing on what we don't have (funds for Joel's tuition), I'm spending today focusing on the things I do have and the simplicity of just being.

I mean really, I have it pretty good.  We all have our health.  We have clean clothing to wear and shoes void of holes on our feet.  Several pairs even.  We have clean water and electricity.  Just with these few blessings we're doing better than a huge number of people in this world.  We also have a roof over our head and food to eat which makes us better off than even more people.  We have a running vehicle and gas to put in it.  We are really blessed.  We truly are.

I wonder why when a problem arises that we lose sight of all of the blessings we already have and focus on the one or few things we don't have.  Why do we allow ourselves to be consumed with that one thing to the point of thinking we're screwed or completely WITHOUT?

I don't have the answer to that question but I have chosen to spend today focusing on all of the blessings I already have.  I can worry and fret again tomorrow.  Today.... today I will spend some time with my children (my greatest blessings to date) and eat good food and see just how many blessings I can count.

Speaking of good food, this is what I had for lunch today, it's my favorite lunch!..



I thought I'd share it with you too.

English Muffin Pizza

Ingredients:

1 English Muffin cut in half
Classico Brand Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
Diced Onion
Diced Green pepper
Finely chopped Spinach
Sliced fresh mushrooms
Slices of Mozzarella Cheese
2 slices of Tomato
2 pinches of bacon crumbles
garlic powder
Italian Seasoning

All of these ingredients are what I use.  You can switch them out for something else if you like.
How much you ask?  To taste.


Okay, so cut the english muffin in half to make two pizza crusts.
Smear on some sun dried alfredo
sprinkle on some onion and green pepper
Add some sliced mushrooms and chopped spinach
Top each pizza with a slice of tomato
Then a slice of mozzarella chesse
Put a pinch of crumbled bacon on each pizza
Sprinkle tops with garlic powder and Italian seasoning

Put both pizza halves in a toaster oven and toast until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
You can use a regular oven too.  Put them in at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.

Enjoy!  So stinking yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go forth and see how many blessings you can count today.  I bet you'll be as surprised as I was!

XXOO
Moriah

3 comments:

Bea said...

It's always a good idea to stop and think about the blessings you have in your life. Probably more than once a day, too. And, then to remember to reach out and help someone who needs a helping hand. :)Bea

Dreamspirations Gallery said...

That lunch looks yummy!

I understand about seeming to focus on the one bad thing when it arises and then because we do that more bad things come along. The old saying "When it rains, it pours!" Negativity begets negativity so I'm happy you are focusing on the good things. Keep it up no matter what and life will smooth out, I'm sure :D

I also want to thank you for entering the drawing.... seems to be slow going for some reason! Wishing you and yours lots of Luck and many Blessings,
Summer

Kay said...

I needed this post today..thanks so much!