Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

For Me??? A New Commission

I just finished up a new commission that I'm really pleased with and I thought I would share it with all of you.

I received an email from the buyer asking me to create a special piece that would be a gift for her aunt, on her birthday.  She said she'd like an orange ladybug with an ant standing on top of it.  She wanted the ant to wear a top hat and to be holding a Black Eyed Susan flower as a gift to the ladybug.  She also said if I could incorporate an Alice in Wonderland feel that would be awesome.  This piece is loaded with symbolism that reflects some very fond memories of the buyer's time as a child with her aunt.  I couldn't wait to start on this piece!

Without further ado, I present to you, "For Me??".

19 inches tall, paperclay over Styrofoam and wood armature.












1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Adorable...the little ant is so darn cute.