Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Moving Right Along... Some WIPs

I'm cranking right along here in the studio.  It is taking me a little longer than expected to complete my Bearded Lady Doll as my sewing machine decided to go caput on me.  Sigh... lots of cursing and hand stitching going on in here lately.  BUT, I have to say, I'm really loving how she's turning out.


I still need to make her boots and I'm considering giving her a top hat as well.  This is the time when I start looking a doll over and deciding what little details to throw in.  What do you think so far?

I'm also in the process of making a wee little Skelly doll that measures in at 4 inches tall.  He's jointed and can sit on his own perfectly.  He's a ceramic doll this time.  Made in stoneware clay and high fired. His joints are curing right now but tomorrow I hope to be able to paint him and add his accessories too.


Once I have these two finished, I have to finish up a Halloween Ornament for the ART DOLL ARTISTS Halloween Ornament Swap and I also have to finish another swap piece that's for a group on Facebook called Swap-it.  The theme for that one is Scarecrows and/or Pumpkins.  I have a great idea for it but don't know if I'll have time to pull it off.  We'll see.

The doll I will be creating after I finish all of the above will be inspired by this vintage Halloween postcard.  I wanted to create her last year but never got around to it.


There are so many projects I want to start and some I need to finish so stay tuned!  My creative mojo is in full swing and I plan to take full advantage of it.

What are you working on?

Moriah

1 comment:

yoborobo said...

I am working on too many things at once! LOL! I love both of your dolls! I've just finished a couple of little witch dolls. Well, almost finished. :) Happy weekend - xox