I started with some white knit fabric. I knew it would be too stretchy and not hold it's shape so I quilted it onto some cotton fabric before stitching together the body. I used some coral colored thread for some contrast and add a subtle little detail.
Once I had the body stitched up, I added two paper flower "brooches" and then hand beaded a turquoise necklace as well.
Then I moved on to the skirt and cut up several different fabrics, ratted the edges and trimmed the bottoms into a very sloppy and loose point and attached them, layer by layer. Then I created the "belt" from some sheer fabric with words on it and also added a little scarf to the neck using the same material to tie in with the belt.
Lastly, I gave the wood base a coat of white paint and then put a very light crackle coat over top. Once dry I used diluted acrylics to grunge up the base a bit. I did this same technique to the neck piece as well.
A shot of the back too.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm also working on a Pumpkin Dunderhead ornament for a friend, a Steampunk Gentleman Bust, and a witch doll for a swap. Stay tuned!