Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day of the Dead for a Friend

Hi everyone!

Ahhhh.... a new year.  Holiday madness is over.  Decorations are all packed up.  Kids are back at school.  It's always this time of year that you feel like you can finally take a breath and sit down for 5 minutes.

A few weeks ago I shared a doll that Jennifer Tobicoe of Sassy Pack Rat Studios made for me so today I'd like to share with you the doll I made for her.  She received it yesterday so now I don't have to worry about spoiling the surprise for her.

Thankfully, Jen really likes Day of the Dead stuff.  I thought she did but I wasn't completely sure so yay for that!

I have really been admiring the art associated with Day of the Dead more and more lately and wanted to make a doll inspired by the Catrina figures and the sugar skulls so I came up with this doll....




I really like how she turned out and Jen said she loves her.  I also sent along one of my snowman ornaments for her tree (next year).  I had so much fun creating these little guys.  Each one I made had different colored fabric bodies.  This is the one I sent to Jen....


I'm so glad she likes them both and I know I will treasure the doll she made for me for life.  Jen has been such a great friend over the years.  She's always very supportive and always lends an ear.  Though we're miles and miles AND MILES apart, and have never met in person (unless you count Skype), I still consider her one of my close friends.  Thank you Jen for such an awesome swap experience.  I think we should do it again next year. <3

I'm currently working on a doll for my mother and I'll share photos of that once she has received the finished product.  Until then, I'm off to work on redecorating the house.  New year, new look.

Happy New Year Everyone!  I hope 2013 brings each of you happiness, health and wealth!

Moriah


3 comments:

Deborah said...

Fabulous! Day of the Dead seems to be a popular theme with many artists.

Glad to hear your new year is off to a good start!!

sassypackrat said...

I'd love to do another swap. Maybe we should do it in January after things are all calmed down from Christmas. Or maybe in March! Both our birthdays are in March so that might be super cool! And I do really love the doll, I think she's beautiful!

Penny said...

Oh - what a lovely! I think its quite wonderful and amazing the friendships we can make online -- I treasure each and every one of mine!