Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

29 Faces Challenge Day 1

Hi everyone!  I hope all of you are staying warm in this crazy winter weather.  It's been ridiculous weather here in Florida.  One day it's in the 80s and you're in shorts and the next day it doesn't even make it up to 55 degrees and you're wearing sweats.  CRAZY.  I'm not complaining though.  I'd much rather have the crazy yo-yo weather that I have than the freezing cold temps a whole lot of other people are dealing with.

ANYWAY....

Today was the very first day of the 29 Faces Challenge hosted by my awesome friend, Martha (better known as Ayala Art).  If you don't know what that is, you should!  You should head on over to the Facebook page and read about it when you leave here.  Essentially, we have to create 29 faces in the 28 days of February.  There aren't really very many rules, you can use whatever medium you'd like, just have to make faces.

Most of the participants paint or draw their faces but I wanted to challenge myself to SCULPT each and every one of them, for 28 days straight.  I think I may have been out of my mind when I came up with that brilliant idea but I'm going through with it anyway.  I'm planning to use paperclay, polymer clay and ceramic clay during the challenge.   I don't think I'll do heads for all of them but who knows, I just might.

I'll be posting each face I make for the next 28 days so I hope you'll follow along.  If nothing else, you can watch me go stark raving mad this month, one day at a time.  :)

Okay, okay, enough blathering.  I present to you the face for Day 1:

(Inspired by the bird character in Cirque Du Soleil's la Nouba show in Orlando.  I have BIG plans for this head in the future!)


2 comments:

Penny said...

Whew!! I'm tired for you already! Its sure going to be fun seeing what you come up with over the next 28 days.

Regina said...

I had never heard of this event but I think it's awesome. I'm very excited to see all that you do...I love your work Moriah!!