Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

29 Faces Challenge days 7, 8, 9, 10, 11......

Okay.  So it's confession time.  I have the attention span of a gnat and often get excited about something, for a day or two and then tire of it.  I know this about myself.  Why I continue to sign on for things that last longer than, oh I don't know, a day, I'll never know.  I lasted all of one week with this challenge and while I had a great time during that week, I'm kinda ready to move on.  Like I've been there and done that and now I want something new.  Pitiful, I know.  It's not that the challenge was boring.  It's not even that the participants were boring.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  So many truly amazing and talented people creating beautiful faces each day.  It's just my attention span.  So, my friends, I'm afraid I've had my fill of the 29 Faces Challenge and now I'm off on a ceramics tangent.  More about that later.

Oh yeah!  I almost forgot.  I did some tinkering with the ole blog recently.  Changed the look just a bit and am loving the new banner.  I also made it smaller or should I say... not as wide.  I noticed on an average size monitor that you have to scroll back and forth to see the whole thing and it bothered me so I changed it.  I did go back through a few pages of posts to fix image sizes to fit but I didn't go all the way back.  There may still be some posts that have pictures spilling over into the sidebars and I'm okay with that for now.  So, anyway, what do you think about the new banner?  Is the size of the blog itself easier or no?  Do tell.

I'm also making another change.  I won't be posting Work In Progress (WIP) pictures anymore.  Why?  Well, I'm as flighty with my creations as I am with challenges and some works get started and then sit around for awhile.  I start new projects all the time.  Many of them are started before others are finished.  It's just how I operate.  I always go back to them and they always get finished at some point but it can sometimes be several years before it gets finished.  So, I don't want to keep showing you things I'm working on and then you never being able to see the finished product until so much time has passed that you don't even remember having seen it in progress anyway.

One more change is coming.  Sometime this summer or more likely this fall, I will be working on tons of tutorials and workshops both in PDF and video formats that will be available for purchase.  I will also be creating quick little tutorials for free that I'll share right here on my blog so stay tuned for all of that!  I have so many ideas and will soon have the space to work to make it all happen.  You and I are going to make art together.  LOTS of it!

That's all I have for you for now.  No photos this time, so sorry.  I'll be back soon with some photos of my clay play shenanigans so don't abandon ship just yet!

Moriah

3 comments:

Penny said...

I'm a kindred sole when it comes to 'long time' comittments (except for my marriage *smile*). Also I like to experiment and learn - some of which never gets past that stage. I do like your new banner and oh boy, I'm very much looking forward to any new tutorials that you make. Your paperclay doll tutorial brought me into this wonderful world and I still refer back to it. Thanks!

sassypackrat said...

I like the new design and your header is awesome. I can be the same way with wips...sigh so much unfinished work hanging around. I completely understand about attention spans. I have ADD so I can be super focused on a project and get tons of detailed work done and then the next day I'm lucky to get coffee and a shower and can't work on anything. Looking forward to those videos!

marianne said...

You made me smile I am not alone !